OccupationCivil and Criminal Law
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, IN, Juris Doctorate 2010
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Minor in English
Phone: (336) 316-1190
J. Rodrigo PocasangreCivil and Criminal Law
Rodrigo has experience in both civil and criminal matters. He earned his law degree from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law in Bloomington. While in law school, he earned Dean’s Honors Distinctions on multiple occasions.
During the summer of 2009, Rodrigo was a summer associate at a medium sized firm in Indianapolis, Indiana. He worked closely with other attorneys in the firm to ensure that the firm’s clients’ assets and businesses were protected from liability.
While in law school, Rodrigo served as an Indiana Supreme Court Certified Legal Intern at the Owen County, Indiana Prosecutor’s Office. In that capacity, he gained first hand experience by representing the state in criminal and traffic cases. He also spent the summer following his first year of law school as an intern in the Broward County, Florida State Attorney’s Office-Felony Trial Unit.
Rodrigo attended the University of North Carolina at Wilmington for his undergraduate studies and earned a degree in Political Science and a minor in English. At UNCW, he was involved with the Student Government Association and led the Academic Affairs Committee.
As an attorney, Rodrigo has successfully represented clients in criminal proceedings including trials, expunctions, and DMV issues. Although he has experience in general litigation, including cases in our appellate courts, Rodrigo focuses his civil practice in representing employees that are being paid unfairly or discriminated against.
Finally, Rodrigo is fluent in Spanish and enjoys working directly with clients. He believes that keeping a client informed of their case is just as important as the results achieved.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina 24th Judicial District Bar
- Associate, A.G. Linett and Associates, PA, Greensboro, NC
- Certified Legal Intern-Owen County, IN Prosecutor’s Office
- Summer Associate, medium sized firm, Indianapolis, IN
- Intern, Felony Trial Unit of the State Attorney’s Office in Broward County, FL
- Admitted and Licensed to Practice Law North Carolina State Bar
- Admitted and Licensed to Practice Law North Carolina Middle District