OccupationWorkers' Compensation, Litigation
- Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, NC, Juris Doctorate, 2014
- Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC, Bachelor of Business, Administration, major in Trust and Wealth Management, minor in Financial Planning, 2011
Phone: (336) 316-1190
Eliu F. Mendez, PartnerWorkers' Compensation, Litigation
Eliu’s practice is focused on workers’ compensation cases, traumatic brain injury (TBI) cases, and employment litigation. Eliu joined A.G. Linett & Associates in 2015. He has represented injured workers in front of the Deputy Commissioner level of the Industrial Commission, the Full Commission, and the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
During law school, Eliu was an Articles Editor on the Campbell Law Review and had two Judicial Clerkships. First, clerking for Justice Paul M. Newby of the Supreme Court of North Carolina. Then, in Federal Court for the late Chief Judge Randy D. Doub of the Eastern District of the United States Bankruptcy Court. Eliu was also an intern with the general counsel of GlaxoSmithKline and Legal Aid of North Carolina.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Eliu was a volunteer Assistant District Attorney in the Wake County District Attorney’s Office.
Beyond his work at Legal Aid, Eliu has always had a passion for representing and protecting the rights of the immigrant community. Eliu volunteered in the Legal Aid Farmworker Unit’s Witness for Justice program and in the North Carolina Justice Center’s DACA Clinic. Eliu also organized several fundraisers on behalf of the Campbell chapter of the Hispanic Law Student Association to create a scholarship for future interns of Legal Aid’s Battered Immigrant Project.
Eliu is fluent in Spanish and is working hard to put his legal skills and experience to work for the local Greensboro community.
- Greensboro Bar Association - Young Lawyers Section: Board Member
- 2022 - Super Lawyers, Workers' Compensation - Rising Stars
- 2021 - Super Lawyers, Workers' Compensation - Rising Stars
- Wake County District Attorney’s Office, Raleigh, NC
- Wake County Public Defender’s Office, Raleigh, NC
- Eastern District of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Wilson, NC
- Legal Aid of North Carolina – Battered Immigrant Project, Raleigh, NC
- Supreme Court of North Carolina, Raleigh, NC
- GlaxoSmithKline | RTP/Durham, NC
- North Carolina
- Middle District of North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- North Carolina 18th Judicial District Bar, Member
- Greensboro Bar Association
- Dropping Dropbox in your Law Practice to Maintain your Duty of Confidentiality, 36 Campbell L. Rev. 175 (2013).